Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reverb writing #11 - Elimination Round

December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

I like how this list goes to 11. ;)

1. Stuff. I don't need any more. I can eliminate stuff by continuing to go through what I have and donating or selling the things I don't use on a regular basis.
2. Overspending. I can eliminate this by taking a moment before I buy something, and doing the research to see if I can find what I'm buying for less elsewhere.
3. More nights at home. I need to get out and be in the world. I suppose that I would eliminate them by creating reasons to get out and meet people.
4. Depressed feelings. I'm not going to say I'm depressed - I'm not. I have depressed feelings now and again, and I'm usually okay with them and I try to enjoy them because I'm really a pretty happy guy most of the time. However, being out of work for 6 months this past year, I had some pretty low points. Nothing that lasted too long, but I was just mired in thoughts of not being able to provide for my family, and I was actually surprised by how deep the funks were. I suppose I could eliminate them by putting myself in a position to provide better for myself and my family.
5. I don't need to play less music. I need to play more. (Is it cheating to express things I'd like to do in the negative in order to have it fit on the list? :)
6. Internet. I spend a lot of time on the Internet. To wit, I still have a tab open with Gwen Bell's "Digital Sabbatical" post open, a couple of weeks after I first opened it with the intent of reading it and taking it to heart. How to eliminate Internet? Read the post & do it.
7. More e-mail. I suppose this goes along with Internet, but I need to take advantage of the "unsubscribe" links on a bunch of the e-mails I get. Right now one inbox is at 2383 unread, the other is 1156. When exactly do I think I'll have the time to read them? Eliminate by selecting & deleting.

I'll finish the list later if I think of more.

How will eliminating these things change my life? Probably by increasing my happiness and letting me spend more time with my family and friends.

8.
9.
10.
11.

1 comment:

  1. I think the fact that you cant list 11 things shows that you're life is pretty good as is :)

    ReplyDelete

 
All content ©2010-2011 Sam except where indicated.