Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reverb writing #12 - 1 + 1 = 1

December 12 – Body Integration - This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)
-----------------------------

There actually have been a couple of times. I'm not sure about the first half of the year when I was unemployed - that part is kind of a blur. The second half is more clear. One time would be singing karaoke for the first time. I was in that moment. Actually, I don't think there was an I, there was the song.

Another would be getting back to work, especially the first couple of weeks that the school was open. Working hard, having a lot to do, doing it well…when you're in that zone, you don't really feel any separation of mind and body.

There have also been a couple of times when meditating this year that it has felt like I'm aware of everything around me, but not thinking of me as separate from the world. It's very tough to describe, it's akin to talking about music, trying to describe a beat or how a synth sounds. So we use words like "alive" and "present" and "aware" and "integrated."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
All content ©2010-2011 Sam except where indicated.