Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reverb writing #14 - Treasure

December 14 – Appreciate - What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? (Author: Victoria Klein)
-----------------

I have come to appreciate my parents more. I have great parents, and I've known that for a long time. I have those parents that seemed strict when I was young, but they weren't. I just didn't know any better.

We've been friends for a long time, but in the past year or so, I've started asking them questions about their lives. I'm curious, because as at my age, being laid off and out of work for so long was humbling, and I began to wonder how they've dealt with adversity.

It's kind of odd that it's taken me so long to look to their experiences to help me figure out my own life. Being out of work for half the year, I wondered what situations they had been in that was similar. I also gave them the opportunity to practice their generosity, as our family finances came up short from time to time.

I listen to them more closely than I ever have, I think. And I'm excited to learn more from them and about them.

I think I show my gratitude by telling them how much they mean to me more. I think I'm more vocally thankful, and I try to let them know that they mean a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
All content ©2010-2011 Sam except where indicated.