Monday, December 20, 2010

Reverb writing #20 - Abandon.

December 20 – Beyond Avoidance - What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?) (Author: Jake Nickell)
----------------------

This one's kind of tough, because I feel like I've been putting myself out there more lately. Taking chances, meeting people, trying to live life a little more fully. I suppose it also goes back to prompt 18, about not committing totally to being a writer or a musician. I can't really, I have a family to support.

I think once I'm done with my degree I'll be able to work on other creative endeavours with more regularity. I've been in the masters program almost constantly since fall 2007, usually only one class at a time, but when you've got a family and are working full time, that's plenty. But anytime during a quarter that I've been in school, if I've been doing something other than studying or classwork, I've felt kind of guilty. The nice thing is that I've gotten all A's and 1 B, so the hard work has paid off that way, but there's another side of me that's been neglected.

It'll be nice to indulge my creative side with abandon.

I just need to hold me to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
All content ©2010-2011 Sam except where indicated.