Saturday, December 25, 2010

Reverb writing #23 - The Churlish Dandy

December 23 – New Name
Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why?
--------------------

"Hello, I'm Sam, but you may call me the Churlish Dandy."

I had "The Churlish Dandy" as my bio on Twitter for a while and I changed it when I was looking for work to the straightforward and truthful bio that I have now. Straightforward and truthful, but not necessarily as interesting as "The Churlish Dandy." :)

churlish - adj. - rude in a mean-spirited and surly way
dandy - noun - a man unduly devoted to style, neatness, and fashion in dress and appearance.

I'm not nearly as dandyish as I'd like (and I would like), and most everyone who knows me would tell you that churlish doesn't describe me at all. I just like the combination of words, how they sound and what they mean. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
All content ©2010-2011 Sam except where indicated.