Sunday, December 26, 2010

Reverb writing #24 - Stasis

December 24 – Everything’s OK
What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead? (Author: Kate Inglis)
---------------------

I think the best moment that proved that things will be okay is the week I found out that my unemployment benefits would expire was the week that I interviewed for my current job. The job I'm in right now is satisfying in every single way except financially, but it's employment, and it's covering my family with medical/dental/vision insurance.

I thought it was interesting that something finally came along as I got the news about my unemployment benefits. Things seem to happen like that for me, it seems. I'm okay with that, too. :) I'm not sure that I can incorporate that into long-term plans, but I suppose it's a pointer for me to just let things go, go with the flow, etc. I need to be okay with things as they are and not try to force them.

4 comments:

  1. Always easier said than done, right? Part of what I'm pulling out of my own reflections on 2010 is that things really DO work out. I need to continually & continuously remind myself of that...especially in those moments of panic, insecurity or general wobbleyness. ^_^ And I'm focusing more on manifesting my goals and dreams---which requires a large amount of Knowing It's Gonna Be Alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly it, right? Things *do* work out, pretty much. We get caught up in worrying about what we think the future will be, but the reality is that none of us have a crystal ball (not one that works, anyway :).

    I think focusing on what's going right, and on repeating one's successes instead of repeatedly thinking of the failures is far more constructive. So, thanks Reverb10! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WORD! The only time things have gone poorly for me was when I made a poor decision. The rest of the time I manage to work out whatever bad things have come my way. Or they work themselves out.

    Either way, positivity, focus and drive always win.

    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hard part for me, Terry, that I mentioned in another post, is just hanging out and letting things go. I feel like I've tried to push things and rush things in the direction *I* want them to go, instead of just letting things happen. Letting it flow. It's no surprise to me that my favorite Tao chapter is 8:

    The supreme good is like water,
    which nourishes all things without trying to.
    It is content with the low places that people disdain.
    Thus it is like the Tao.

    In dwelling, live close to the ground.
    In thinking, keep to the simple.
    In conflict, be fair and generous.
    In governing, don't try to control.
    In work, do what you enjoy.
    In family life, be completely present.

    When you are content to be simply yourself
    and don't compare or compete,
    everybody will respect you.
    -------------

    I should have it tattooed on my forehead. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
All content ©2010-2011 Sam except where indicated.