Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reverb writing #27 - OJ

December 27 – Ordinary Joy
Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year? (Author: BrenĂ© Brown)
-----------------

I have many joyful moments when driving home from work. The satisfaction of a job well done, I'm relaxed, going home to my family. It's that kind of in-between time, and I'm driving towards the Colorado sunset, which brings a different beauty to most every single day. I play music on my drives home, and depending on what comes up it either feeds my introspective mood or amps me up or chills me out. I know that's kind of generic, but those things happen on my drives home. They're all back streets, no freeway, and pretty much a straight shot once I get on the main road.

That's some ordinary joy for you. :)

2 comments:

  1. I too share in the ordinary joy you have found, although I'm driving away from the sunset, so you've got me beat there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two things I liked about working in Boulder - The drive in on 36 in the mornings, and the drive down 93 in the evenings. Beautiful.

    Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
All content ©2010-2011 Sam except where indicated.