Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Six Things

Another O:KMMS post. This was from June 2, 2006. Additional info appears in the comments.

The Set-Up

Post a blog about six weird things and-or habits about yourself. After doing so, you need to choose six people to be tagged. The people who get tagged need to write a blog of their six weird habits and-or things, as well as state this rule clearly.

The Six Things About Me

1. I retell stories. A lot. The same ones. Most often to people I don't know, or don't know well. My specialty (as my wife would tell you, too, since she's heard it a jillion times) is when someone asks me "Where are you from?" I launch into this thing about how I was born in blah but then my parents moved me to blah when I was 8, but I went back to college in blah and then realised that I missed the weather in blah.... Blah, blah, blah. Same goddam story. Except now I preface it with "my wife hates when I do this, but I was born in blah...." Every goddam time.

2. I pluck in between my eyebrows. And sometimes I start pulling at my eyebrows to get all the loose boys out. not like trying to pluck them, just clearing the forest, if you will. And if I find a long one, I have to get it out right then. You know, the LONG eyebrow, the mutant who, when among the rest, you can't even notice, but when you *do* find it, sticks out like Gheorghe Muresan on the Tokyo streets.

3. I have great feet. No tons of hair on the knuckles, no sideways toes, no cruddy toenails. Great lookin' feet.

4. I still try to not step on cracks. Dunno why. It helps me to watch where I'm walking, but if I can, I try to avoid stepping on cracks.

5. When I fill my car up with gas (or any car) the end of the dollar amount has to end in the number 8. *HAS* to.

6. I like the knives in my kitchen in a certain place. If they're not put away to my specifications, I move them. Oh, and I have one certain knife that I use to, erm, cut my cheese. It's an old serrated knife I've had forever, and I use it to cut cheddar. I think it's just cheddar - if I'm cutting brie, I just use a regular knife. I don't buy a whole lot of other cheeses. It's just that one knife...with cheddar. It helps that it's not very sharp anymore.

2 comments:

  1. All still pretty much true, except for the gas thing. In the intervening years, I've stopped making it end on 8. It doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I don't care about cracks that much, either.

    ReplyDelete

 
All content ©2010-2011 Sam except where indicated.