Sunday, August 14, 2011

Advice from another time

I had this dream a few weeks ago, this is my morning journal entry after having woken up and writing it all down.

I just woke from a dream that had my Granny & Granddaddy in it. We were in a school. I ran from one end of the school to the other to reach them. Through hallways and gymnasiums. I finally reached them in a room where they were standing with my Mom. Everyone was dressed up, like for church or something. Mom was the same age as she is now, and Granny & Granddaddy were the ages I remember them. He was wearing a fedora.

They were getting ready to cross a bridge of some sort and enter another room. We stepped aside to some folding chairs and they sat down. I got on my knees in front of him and folded my arms across his knees. I was in tears. He told me he was going to give me some advice. He told me to just sit. Through my tears, I told him I was listening. He said that was it, that his advice was to sit and enjoy life.

1 comment:

 
All content ©2010-2011 Sam except where indicated.